Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Hanmade door silencer


I am so pleased with how this turned out. It is really easy to make and it has been in place since I finished it! Which means I have been able to take the sock away from the floor and use this instead, so the door doesn't bang. Also great on a little ones door to stop them closing it properly.
Here is how I made it..
 You will need: fabric, fabric scissors, tape measure and some elastic
 Measure the length between the two handles of the door. This measurement will include space for the elastic either side.
 I cut mine to be 5" long
 Fold best side together
 Cut the leastic in two. Put each piece of elastic on the sides, on the inside of the snadwich.
 Because there is a fold in this, sew all the way round leaving a small gap.
  You can see the gap here at the bottom of the fabric.
 Here is my gap. I also cut the corners just before the stitches, so that it fold nicely when the right way round.
 Turn the right way round.
 Pushing the corners out. Sew over the gap.
 You can see here the stitches where the gap was.
It does the job!

No comments:

Post a Comment