Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Thursday 27 September 2012

Hanmade embroidered cards

This is totally a cute way of embellishment. I have never tried it before so fancied giving it a try and I think it worked really well.
Here are the steps below so grab some card, drawing pins and thread and follow along!
 
 
 
 Start by writing the words you want on some paper. Do some practising. Maybe print out the style and size of the letters you want.
 Put your coloured card under the piece of paper with the letters on. With a drawing pin make holes the same width apart over the letters.
 
 Here is what it looks like so far.
 
 
 
 Then start doing back stitch into the card with embroidery thread - I actually used silk threads as that was all I had!
 
 I think it looks great.
So I tried doing a heart as well...
 Cut out your shape
 and put it onto some card
 then add your drawing pin holes though the heart shaped card.
 
 Put the holes onto your coloured card.
 
Then start to back stitch
 
 
 
 
 I think it looks so effective.
 
 Tada! So simple.
Why don't you give it a try.
try using different fonts for your writing or even try it on some fabric.
I know I will be doing this again!
Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment