Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Sewing seeds

Its that time of year and I have got myself into gear and with the help of some little fingers we planted some seeds. We planted lettuce, leeks, parsnips and onions. This is our second year of planting things and I am hoping for a more successful year. Our parsnips didn't do too badly last year but our poor lettuces didn't last very long for the slugs got there quickly.
We have never done onions so we will see how they get on.
I choose to use old toilet rolls to sew them in. A great quick and easy way and they then can go straight into the ground when ready to plant out. I also always keep them indoors for a while until they are big enough to go outside. This gives them a head start.








No comments:

Post a Comment