Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Monday 23 April 2012

Hanmade cushions

A while ago I did some research here into cushions as I was planning on covering some cushions in my lounge. I worked out which fabric I wanted to use and I got to it!


What do you think? I hope you like my new ones! Here is a step by step of how to make them. The pictures beloiw is how I made the cushion on the right.
I hope it inspires you!
 My chosen fabrics
 I measured out stripes of fabric.
 Sewed them right sides together.
 This is the back of the cushion. Four panels make up the back. Press the back seams open.
 Cut and sew in the same way as before the front panels.

 When you have a front and back, pin them together right sides together.
 Pin all the way round.
 Sew around the edges.

 .... But don't sew a complete loop round, leave an opening of a good few inches.
 Cut diagionally across the sewn corners. This neatens the corners up once the right way around.


 Turn it inside out.
Take a closed pair of scissors and point out the corners. Don't they look nice and neat!?
 Iron the cover. Stuff the cushion into the cover.
 This is where you didn't sew before. Its big enough to get your cushion in.
 Pin the hole together.
 Sew the gap up.
 Neatly sewn!
 And thats it! Easy.
 I made another one too! I think they look good together.
The finished cushions.
I enjoyed making these and love the fabrics.

Next time....
I will show you and envelope cushion for another chair in the lounge.

No comments:

Post a Comment