Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Monday 5 March 2012

Molly the Monkey

I am really chuffed with how this turned out. I have never made soft toys before so it was definetly a first. Its quite simple but takes abit of time in places. It can't be rushed but I think it was worth it.
I found a tutorial here so check it out. I made mine abit simpler (without clothes!) for my first try.

 I had a few fabrics I wanted to use. Cut out the template and fabric pieces.
 Sew the face, ears  and eyes onto the head.
 Sew the tail, arms and legs right sides together. then using a safety pin turn them the right way round.
 So far . .. .
 I like the ears!
 Stuff the head with filler.
 I wanted to hand sew a smile on, cute!
 Stuff the legs, arms and tail with filler too.
 Now you have to be clever with this bit, everything needs to go inside the body like a sandwich, pin together.
 Then add more stuffing to the body and sew the back up.
 And its done! Not bad for my first try.


No comments:

Post a Comment