Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Thursday 22 March 2012

Hanmade crochet necklace

I haven't done much crocheting, but I spotted some necklaces that I really liked and thought I would give it a go.

3 etsy.com

 These are all really pretty. As I haven't done any crotcheting I needed to start off simple. I did quite alot of research to get me going, trying to find tips and simple ways to start. I noticed that there is a difference in patterns from ones used in America and England. When it said do do one stitch it might mean something different.
So with this in mind I went to my local library and found the book 'Hooked on Crochet' by Candi Jenson. I found it really helpful, particuarly in how to make flowers. So I started making a few flowers and they were turning out ok! I started to try out different stitches and tried different yarns, which affected how the flower came togther.


I then wanted to make a chain (foundation stictch) for my necklace. I had already done this for starting to make my flower, so I had lots of practice. Its really simple. If you need help try this step by step guide. I made two chains for my necklace.
I then added my flower with a button in the centre. And thats it done! Horray!


Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment