Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Sunday 7 July 2013

Hanmade strawberry cushion

So I have some very cute strawberry fabric and waitching to use it. So I made some cushion covers. These are super easy to do. I made them with an envelope panel at the back so it can be easily removed to wash.
Here is a step by step how to, to create your own cushion cover.
 
Choose your fabric. You want one long length a couple of inches wider than the cushion.
 
 This fabric was really thin, so I put some cotton behind it.
 I then hemmed the short edges
 Place the cushion onto the fabric. You will fold the edges onto the cushion.
 Take the cushion out and pin the sides together. Make sure you line up the edges.
 Then sew down in a striaght line.
 Then turn inside out, pushing the corners out as you go.
 Tada!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment