Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Friday 5 October 2012

Hanmade needlebook

Here is a small project that I made to replace one that I made when I was a little girl...
 
Aww! A simple stitched needle book with appliqued decoration.
Now I am going to make a quilted back and hand embroidered front needle book.
Check out how I made it below
 
Make some small squares out of your fabric
 Start to sew them together in rows
 Then sew the rows together
 Make a square that is the same size as your patched square and also a length for the middle part
 Stitch them together
 Then start to decorate the front of your needle book. I added an appliqued heart and embroidered writing
 
 Get some wadding and pin behind your fabric
 Then I quilted the patchwork
 Cut the wadding around the fabric. Then good sides toegther pin in place.
 Add a small ribbon loop for your button hole on the inside.
 Sew around the edges leaving a small gap to turn the right way round. Trim your corners off at angles. Turn it the right way round. Sew the gap closed. Add a button to the front side.
Tada!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment