Hanmade in Cornwall

Hanmade in Cornwall

Monday 28 November 2016

Hanmade patchwork throw


Well this project has taken me about a year! I know thats ages, but its finished now. Why did it take so long? Well its not just a wuick lunchtime project. I have stopped and started it a few times. But really hadnt touched it for months as I have been making for my Etsy shop.

But this weekend I finished it, hooray. I havent made a turorial for it. Bit have taken a few pictures akong the way and maybe it would inspire you.

I have made it in a simple way.
I washed all my fabric. And cut squares out. ALOT of squares. I joined them together into lines of squares.




Then joined the lines into big lines of squares.
Until I was happy with the size.


I wanted the throw to be big enough to snuggle on the sofa. 
The next stage was doing some maths. I bought a flat grey bed sheet. Washed and ironed it. It was plenty big enough to be the back as well as the border. 

I added side panels and top and bottom panels for the border. 
Plus a big tectangle for the back. 
I used polyester interlining to line it with. J didn't want it to be too bulky so this seemed the perfect option. 

 Here we go. I am do pleased with how it has turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment